At Berinsfield, we believe strongly in protecting the privacy of our Members' personal information. This is a legal document that sets out how Berinsfield handles data which identifies you.
1. Emails and communications.
You are probably most interested in how we will use your email address to communicate with you, so here's our email promise, in plain English:
Service Emails. We hate spam and will never ever send you unsolicited emails. But there are some emails that we will need to send you to provide you with a good service. These include notifications of new offers, reminders about your membership and guides on how to use the site. A full list of the types of emails you will receive to help you use the service most effectively (which we call Service Emails) are shown below:
- Validation email - the email we use to verify your email address when you first register
- Welcome emails - emails which explain how to use the site when you first join
- Key service messages - if we need to notify you about changes to the service
2. The information we gather and track.
Information gathered on registration. When you register with
Berinsfield University, you provide your name (including a previous name, where relevant)
and an email address. Please update your details with relevant changes as soon as possible to ensure we have the correct information for you on your account.
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly; and/or
- To gather aggregate non personal data to help us improve the services to you. We will also use aggregate non personal data to track the success of any advertising campaigns on our website, to improve the effectiveness and suitability of advertising in communications sent by us and other companies in the same group as Friends Reunited, and/or to provide to third parties anonymised demographic data provided by you to target advertising more appropriately.
Find out how to disable/enable cookies by clicking on the "Manage Cookies" section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau website on the following link http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
3. Sharing and use of information
The over-riding principles we apply are these:
- Registration Information held for that member, except for the email address, will be available to, and searchable by, users of the Berinsfield University service.
- Advertising. Berinsfield University may include interactive advertising for other businesses. We may use, and provide to third parties, anonymised demographic data provided by members to target this advertising more appropriately.
- Changes in the Berinsfield University business. If all of the assets which Berinsfield University uses to operate its business (or substantially all of them) are acquired by a third party, we may transfer personal data we then hold to that party so that the acquirer can continue to provide the Berinsfield University service.
- Place of processing. The personal information held by us is held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
We have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each member's responsibility:
- to protect against unauthorised access to your details;
- to ensure no-one else uses the Berinsfield service on a member's machine while it is "logged on" to the Berinsfield University service;
- to log off or exit from the Berinsfield University service when not using it; and
- to keep his/her password secret.
5. Removing yourself from the Berinsfield University service
You may have your registration details removed from the site at any time. To remove yourself please
contact us and we will remove all
Your information will be archived and stored for the necessary time period for legal reasons. It is important to understand and recognize that member content may be copied or stored by other members even after it has been removed from the site. It may also remain cached and archived by those that have copied it.
6. Disclosure for legal reasons
We reserve the right to communicate such of a Member's personal information as we hold to third parties which seek the disclosure of it, and which make a request for its disclosure with which we are obliged by law to comply.
7. Data retention period
8. Contacting Berinsfield
9. Links to third party sites
The Berinsfield University web sites may contain links to other sites. Berinsfield is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those web sites.
10. Data protection information
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner's website at http://www.ico.gov.uk. You can search for our Data Protection Notification there, should you so wish.